Easy homemade candy corn recipe
This is the perfect time of year to explore easy homemade candy recipes. Homemade Candy Corn is much easier than you may think and just screams Fall time. This homemade candy corn recipe is not only easy but delicious. Most ingredients are already in your cabinet!
Grab the kids and get them involved…. start a new fall time tradition
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Orange and Yellow Food Coloring
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- On medium/high heat add sugar, butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil. (Make sure to use a medium/large sauce pan to leave boil room.)
- Boil for 3-4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 230 degrees. Make sure to stir constantly while mixture is boiling. If need be to control the boiling candy, turn down the heat.
- While the sugar mixture is boiling, in a separate bowl mix powdered sugar, salt and powdered milk.
- Remove boiling sugar mixture from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add hot mixture to the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon and some muscle stir all ingredients together.
- Place candy on silicone mat or wax paper. Allow mixture to cool enough to be handled.
- Divide into 3 equal parts and add orange and yellow food colorings. Using your hands, mix the food coloring into the candy mixture.
- Roll long ropes out of each color piece. Press ropes together, with the orange in the middle and then flatten pieces together with your hands.
- Using a sharp knife, cut rope into triangular pieces to look like candy corn.