Guess where I will be on Wednesday…? I am heading on over to Fogo DE CHAO for National Caipirinha Day. On Wedensday September 13th Fogo will be serving $5 Caipirinha ALL DAY in the bar. The Caipirinha is Brazil’s national drink, hand-crafted with a Brazilian spirit made from raw sugarcane, muddled with fresh lime juice and sugar, then shaken and served over ice. Fogo also offers additional flavor options like a Strawberry Hibiscus Caipirinha, Berry Mint Caipirinha or even a Mango Habanero Caipirinha. Check out the recipes below.
If you are unfamiliar with Fogo, check here for their locations… I bet there is one near you!
Makes one drink
1 whole lime
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 oz. Cachaça
1. Cut lime in half and remove core (this is the bitter part of the lime; it is not sour).
2. Slice lime thinly against the direction of the core.
3. Place sliced lime in a rocks glass and add two tablespoons of sugar.
4. Muddle lime and sugar together to extract the natural juice of the lime.
5. Fill glass to the brim with ice, and add 2 oz. of cachaça.
6. Cap glass with bar shaker and shake thoroughly to ensure the sugar dissolves evenly.
7. Pour back into rocks glass and Serve at once. Enjoy!
Note: Garnish the Caipirinha with a lime wheel or stick of sugar cane, as desired!